How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Hidden by the main square of Pyramiden (The Pyramid), a Soviet mining town about 50 km north of Longyearbyen on Svalbard that was abandoned in 1998.
The terrain is actually really simple, but involves a snowmobile trip of several hours, thus the high rating.
The cache is a small food container box. Contents include log book, pencil, geocache note in English and Russian and, at time of placement, two trade items.
Accessible by winter when you can drive snowmobile all the way. On summer you travel by boat to the docks at Pyramiden, then it's about 1 km to the square.
The cache was restored in April 2014 and adopted from arohlen to tannenwald.
Ohvyqvat 28, haqre cbepu
- Contents of cacheThis was the contents of the cache when it was hidden in March 2010
- Getting close...The sign at the main square of the town
- Part of the townThis is the mining part of the town
- Pyramiden signThe sign by the docks, welcoming you to Pyramiden
- SnowmobilePrepare for a 3 to 4 hour snowmobile drive (one way) if you go in the winter. Great fun!
- The town squareTown square, filled with snow and tourists with snowmobiles
- What to bring...It's always good to bring warm clothes and a cute guide!
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum