Use this space to describe your geocache location, container, and how it's hidden to your reviewer. If you've made changes, tell the reviewer what changes you made. The more they know, the easier it is for them to publish your geocache. This note will not be visible to the public when your geocache is published.
2 National Trust Wicken Fen
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Part of a series of caches on National Trust land at Wicken Fen, Cambridgeshire.
This geocache is one of a series set up by the National Trust as a new way for people to explore the Wicken Fen area. Focusing on wildlife and countryside habitats, the geocaches are all located adjacent to public rights of way or permissive routes that are freely accessible at all times.
Each geocache contains a log book for you to leave your name and comments, as well as a family-friendly activity to do at the cache location. For this reason some items in the cache are not swappable. Please do not swap any items marked as ‘National Trust’ or labelled as ‘not a swap’. However, in addition, there may be other items left by fellow geocachers that are intended as a swap – please feel free to swap these.
All geocaches are a short distance from a path; the caches may be camouflaged with sticks, so please replace the camouflage after you have finished with the cache.
Things to be aware of when setting out to find our geocaches:
1. Being a fenland habitat, there are waterways and ditches in the area. Please keep a close eye on children. Please take particular care if you are considering night-time caching.
2. Please be aware there might be stinging nettles, brambles and rough or prickly vegetation.
3. If you are going underneath trees or bushes, beware of low branches.
4. Some of the footpaths pass through fields with livestock. Please close all gates behind you.
5. Some footpaths might be muddy during the winter or wet weather. Stout footwear or wellies are recommended.
This particular geocache is accessible by bicycle, except for the last 70m to the cache location.
Please do let us know what you think by writing in the log-books or posting your comments at www.geocaching.com Thank you!
(No hints available.)
Loading Cache Logs...
Last Updated: on 7/14/2018 5:32:47 AM Pacific Daylight Time (12:32 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum