Skip to content

Memory of Tram58 Traditional Cache

This cache has been archived.

feherlofia: Ahogy azt korábban jeleztem, a ládát archiválom. Ha mégis tervezed a javítását, a következő 30 napban jelezd felém, és újraaktiválom a leírást!

Köszönöm a megértésed!
fehérlófia
Geocaching Ellenőr

More
Hidden : 4/30/2010
Difficulty:
1.5 out of 5
Terrain:
1.5 out of 5

Size: Size:   small (small)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:


HU:

Az 58-as Budapest egyik legtöbbet siratott villamosvonala.
A történet régen, 1869-ben kezdodik, és nem villamossal, hanem a lóvasúttal. Zugliget, vagy ahogy eredetileg hívták, Auwinkel (vagy még eredetibben Sauwinkel, bár a Disznózugnak - ezt jelenti ugyanis a szó németül, a terület Mátyás király által is eloszeretettel vadászott vadkanjaira utalva - nem olyan elokelo a hangzása) ekkor kezdett frekventált kirándulóhely lenni. Hétvégenként hatalmas tömegek jártak ki ide szórakozni, ezért szinte természetes dolog volt, hogy a vonal tulajdonosa, a BKVT fejlesztésképp 1896 szeptemberére villamosította a vonalat. A végállomás a Zugligeti út mentén volt, egy szép, faszerkezetes pavilon körül, mely ma is látható; alig pár évvel késobb azonban (1903) meghosszabbították a járatot a Tündér-szikla alatti részig. Ezzel létrejött a késobbi 58-as útvonala - a viszonylatot persze még egy darabig nem így hívták, hanem 43-asnak, késobb pedig 81-esnek. Ez volt a város legmeredekebb pályájú járata, és mint azóta kiderült, nem csak néhány éves énemnek hiányzott az, hogy újra felbukkanjanak a sárga jármuvek itt: a lakók mind a mai napig reménykednek abban, hogy visszakapják oket!

Bovebb info 1 itt
Bovebb info 2 itt
Bovebb info 3 itt
Nosztalgia video itt

EN:

Route 58 is definately the most sorrowly missed "lost" tram line in the history of Budapest, mostly because of the picturesque neighborhood it was running in. Zugliget (or Auwinkel as it was called in german), at its outer end, was a noble hillside covered with forests which became a popular pleasure resort in the mid-19th century. People were getting out here to have a nice day in the green, and this generated a call for some means of public transport. Horse tram service of BKVT from the center of Buda to Zugliget was launched in 1869. 27 years later it was electrified. The original terminus was located just above Szarvas Gábor utca in a nice wooden frame house, which still exists. A couple of years later (1903 to be precise) the line was extended upwards to a hollow under Tündér-szikla ("Fairy rock", a characteristic stack which does not longer resembles a fairy, but originally it did, so they say) where they built a stub-end instead of the turning loop around the old terminus building. From that point on the route of the tram line later known as number 58 was ready, even if it was called line 81 or 43 back then, or if the inner terminus was different.

More info here
Old video here

Additional Hints (Decrypt)

Wboo ryöy / Evtug sebag

Decryption Key

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------
N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z

(letter above equals below, and vice versa)