Skip to content

<

Notre Dame de Lorette

A cache by beaufort12 Send Message to Owner Message this owner
Hidden : 07/09/2010
Difficulty:
2 out of 5
Terrain:
3 out of 5

Size: Size:   small (small)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:


Notre Dame de Lorette

La Chapelle

FRANCAIS

En 1651, le duc Louis d’Arpajon, seigneur du château de Sévérac aurait fait construire, en face de la butte de Sévérac, cette chapelle en expiation de la mort de son épouse Gloriande de Thémines (qu’il aurait fait assassiner) et pour racheter les crimes de sa mère, Jacquette de Clermont.

Il accomplit auparavant un pèlerinage à Rome et à la Santa Casa de Lorette en Italie. Il s’agit de la maison natale de Marie à Nazareth. Cette bâtisse aurait été transportée par bateau par plusieurs croisés de Palestine en Italie.

La chapelle Notre-Dame de Lorette de Sévérac est la réplique exacte de la Santa Casa de Lorette en Italie. Devant l’afflux des pèlerins, le duc d’Arpajon fit bâtir, dès 1658 la chapelle Saint Joseph attenant à N-D de Lorette, puis la chapelle Saint Louis au-dessous de laquelle une autre chapelle fut dédiée au Saint Sépulcre.
Enfin, les logements pour 12 ecclésiastiques furent terminés en 1666. La communauté y vécu 130 ans.

La chapelle N-D de Lorette contient le cœur du duc, celui de sa mère et celui de sa seconde épouse, Marie de Simiane.

Sous la Révolution, les bâtiments furent pillés, profanés puis vendus comme biens nationaux.
Le sanctuaire de la colline ne fut restauré qu’en 1854 lorsque les pèlerinages se développèrent à nouveau. Aujourd’hui encore, les exploitants agricoles du canton et du Massegros (en Lozère) viennent prier N-D de Lorette pour demander la pluie lorsque la sécheresse de l’été devient trop brûlante.
Depuis quelques années des bénévoles assurent la restauration de l’édifice, et en particulier les logements de l’ancienne communauté ainsi que la chapelle Saint Louis.

L’histoire de la Statue de N-D de Lorette :
Au cours de ces pillages, une statue de la Vierge Marie fut profanée. Une petite bergère, Marie Verlac, du hameau de Cayrac, dissimulée dans les taillis n’avait rien perdu de la scène et s’empressa de déplacer la statue dans une haie, pour venir la chercher la nuit et la cacher dans une grange du hameau de la Calsade en contre bas.
C’est ainsi que chaque soir, au moment de la prière familiale, la bergère ne manquait pas d’ajouter « un Pater per ocquelo qu’es ol palio » (un Notre Père pour celle qui est cachée dans la grange), sans que quiconque ne comprit le sens de ses propos. Lorsque le culte fut rétabli, Marie dévoila la présence de la statue qui fut portée dans l’église paroissiale Saint Sauveur, où elle se trouve encore aujourd’hui.


C'est un lieu  de prière et de recueillement, respectez-le.

Attention l'arrivée à la cache peu s'avérer perilleuse par temps humide.

Bonne chasse et bonne balade.

ENGLISH

In 1651, duke Louis of Arpajon, Lord of the castle of Sévérac would have made build, in front of the mound of Sévérac, this chapel in expiation of the death of his wife Gloriande of Thémines (that he would have made murder) and to acquire the crimes of her mother, Jacquette de Clermont.

He carries out  previously a pilgrimage in Rome and in Lorette's Santa Casa in Italy. It is about the Marie's native house to Nazareth. This building would have been transported by boat by several crusaders of Palestine in Italy.

The chapel "Notre-Dame de Lorette de Sévérac" is the exact replica of Lorette's Santa Casa in Italy. In front of the influx of the pilgrims, the duke of Arpajon made build, from 1658 the chapel Holy Joseph adjacent to Lorette's N-D, then the chapel Holy Louis below which another chapel was dedicated to the Holy Sepulchre.
Finally, housing for 12 clerics was ended in 1666. The community lived 130 years.

Lorette's chapel N-D contains the heart of the duke, that of her mother and that of his second wife, Marie de Simiane.

Under the Revolution, buildings were plundered, desecrated then sold as the national possessions.
The sanctuary of the hill was restored only in 1854 when the pilgrimages developed again. Today still, the farmers of the canton and the Massegros (in Lozère) come to ask Lorette's N-D for asking for the rain when the drought of the summer becomes too ardent.
Since some years the volunteers assure the restoration of the building, and in particular the housing of the ancient community as well as the chapel Holy Louis.

Story of the Statue of Lorette's N-D:
During these plunders, a statue of the Virgin Mary was desecrated. A small shepherdess, Marie Verlac, of the hamlet of Cayrac, hidden in copses had lost nothing of the scene and hurried to move the statue in a hedge, to come to look for it at night and to hide her it in a barn of the hamlet of Calsade against bottom.
And so every evening, at the time of the family prayer, the shepherdess did not miss to add " Pater per ocquelo that are palio ol " (one Our Father for the one who is hidden in the barn), without that whoever understood the sense(direction) of its comments. When the cult was restored, Marie revealed the presence of the statue which was carried in the parochial church"Saint Sauveur", where it is even today.


It is a place of prayer and meditation, respect it please.


Attention the arrival to the hiding place be perilleuse by weather day.

Good hunting and good walk.


free counters

Additional Hints (Decrypt)

Ra onf qh gnyhf fbhf yr tebf ebpure qreevèer qrf cvreerf.
Ng gur obggbz bs gur onax haqre gur ovt ebpx oruvaq fgbarf.

Decryption Key

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------
N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z

(letter above equals below, and vice versa)