SideTracked-Dewsbury Traditional Geocache
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
A quick cache and dash for rail users.
The station is on the Huddersfield Line operated by Northern Rail. It is 9 miles (14 km) away from Leeds. The station was opened in 1848 by the London and North Western Railway and was originally known as Dewsbury Wellington Road. Dewsbury had three other railway stations, all now closed:- these were the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway's Thornhill station (closed in 1961), the Great Northern Railway's Central (on the Bradford Exchange to Wakefield line, closed in 1964) and the L&Y Market Place terminus (closed in 1930). No trace of Market Place station remains, but the façade of Dewsbury Central can still be seen as it was incorporated into a bridge supporting the Dewsbury Ring Road in 1985.
Raq envy, ybbx va terrarel.