While "Bank Quay" and "Central" still exist today, at one time Warrington had a third town centre station - "Arpley", which was just west of this cache. Opened in 1854 as part of the St. Helens Railway and Warrington & Stockport Railway. It was finally closed to passengers in 1958, and demolished in 1960. The railway line remained in use until 1985, when it was closed beyond Latchford, although this section is still in use as sidings, for coal trains heading to Fiddlers Ferry power station.
Map of warringtons railway system.
More information can be found on the Subterranea Britannica Site.
Please use common sense when searching for this cache, there is no need to climb any railings, trespass on the railway or do anything dangerous. Also, REMEMBER TO BRING A PEN!!!
Please reseal the cache carefully, and remember, muggles (and trains) may appear at any time.