When opening the cache please hold the lid and container
DO NOT hold the camoflage
A small cache located close to the site of the old Chacewater station.
The station was opened by the West Cornwall Railway in August 1852 and closed to passengers in the mid 60's although it was used for goods traffic. In July 1903 a new branch line was opened, from Balckwater, to Perranporth. The branch line was extended to Newquay in 1905. The junction at Blackwater was closed in 1924 rsulting in the physical junction being moved here. The platform that remains was for the Penzance bound trains, the platform buildings have been bricked up on the platform side and are now used as offices for the storage containers.
Although the station has been closed for over 40yrs the main line trains still pass by on their way to Penzance.
The viaduct that is close by is in fact the Blackwater Viaduct and it is the smaller one that is further east that is the Chacewater Viaduct (both can be seen during the walk on the series of caches from Chacewater village)
The cache is camoflaged but is on view.
PLEASE limit log book entries to caching name and date, thanks, no stickers please.
You DO NOT have to go onto railway property to find this cache.
PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN A WAY THAT COULD CAUSE INCONVENIENCE