Skip to content

<

Castelo Rodrigo "ruinas misteriosas" - bonus cache

A cache by Famami Send Message to Owner Message this owner
Hidden : 09/09/2010
Difficulty:
2.5 out of 5
Terrain:
3 out of 5

Size: Size:   regular (regular)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:


CasteloRodrigo

castelo1 

[PT] O território de Riba-Côa foi ocupado desde o Paleolítico, havendo vestígios megalíticos e da cultura castreja, romanos e árabes.

A preocupação com a reorganização e povoamento desta área na época da Reconquista é patente nas doações aos freires Salamantinos, fundadores da Ordem de S. Julião do Pereiro, e aos primeiros frades de Santa Maria de Aguiar, oriundos de Zamora, de que o Mosteiro de Santa Maria de Aguiar, de fundação cisterciense do séc. XII, é importante testemunho.

Conquistada aos Árabes no séc. XI e dependente do Reino de Leão, foi vila elevada a concelho por Afonso IX, integrando definitivamente o território português, pelo Tratado de Alcanizes - assinado por D. Dinis, que confirmou o seu Foral em Trancoso e mandou repovoar e reconstruir o Castelo, acção repetida por D. Fernando, que também lhe concedeu Carta de Feira, em 1373.

Castelo Rodrigo está rodeado por uma cintura amuralhada inicialmente composta por 13 torreões (à semelhança de Ávila), de que restam alguns, e cujo passeio de ronda se encontra parcialmente obstruído pelas casas aí construídas. Mantém a sua traça medieval, que irradia da alcáçova e acompanha a topografia.

Pelas suas ruas encontram-se casas interessantes, umas manuelinas, outras construções árabes, como a casa n° 32, com inscrição e uma carranca, para além da cisterna, com uma porta em arco de ferradura e outra ogival.

Estando na rota de peregrinos a Compostela, aqui se ergueu a Igreja de N. Sra. de Rocamador, fundada por uma confraria de frades hospitaleiros vindos de França no séc. XIII. Dispõe de cachorrada românica e no seu interior destacam-se um púlpito renascentista em granito, imaginária do séc. XIV e XVII, o tecto em caixotões com pintura barroca e um retábulo rococó.

Por ter tomado partido por Castela na crise de 1383-85, D.João I castigou Castelo Rodrigo, mandando que o seu brasão ficasse com as armas reais invertidas, e a vila dependente de Pinhel.

O pelourinho manuelino - de gaiola e grandes dimensões - atesta o poder municipal, regulamentado pelo foral novo de 1508, altura em que D. Manuel, o Rei Venturoso, mandou repovoar a vila e refazer o castelo.

Sob domínio filipino instituiu-se o condado e marquesado de Castelo Rodrigo na pessoa de Cristóvão de Moura, que mandou edificar um Palácio.

Após a Restauração este foi destruído pelo povo. Próximo da Porta do Sol, o padrão assinala e comemora a restauração da independência nacional.

Ainda nas lutas contra Espanha, a vila sofreu em 1664 o cerco do Duque de Ossuna, tendo a sua guarnição de 150 homens resistido heroicamente até à chegada de reforços, travando-se a batalha da Salgadela, junto ao Mosteiro de Santa Maria de Aguiar. Conta-se que o Duque de Ossuna e D. João d'Áustria escaparam disfarçados de frades.

Após as Guerras da Restauração, Castelo Rodrigo foi perdendo a sua importância, e a 25 de Junho de 1836, por Carta Régia de D. Maria II, a sede de concelho passou para Figueira de Castelo Rodrigo.

Historicamente, nenhuma povoação raiana exerceu por tão longo período um lugar tão relevante nas relações Luso-Castelhanas e na defesa do território português.

 castelo2


 

[EN] The territory of Riba-Coa has been occupied since the Palaeolithic, with megalithic culture and the Celtic, Roman and Arabic.


The concern with the reorganization and settlement of this area at the time of the Reconquista is reflected in donations to the friars Salamantinos, founders of the Order of St. Julian's Pereiro, and the first friars of Santa Maria de Aguiar, from Zamora, that the Monastery of Santa Maria de Aguiar, century Cistercian foundation.
XII, it is important testimony.


Captured from the Arabs in the century. XI and dependent on the Kingdom of León, was elevated to town council by Alfonso IX, finally integrating the Portuguese territory, the Treaty of Alcanizes - signed by D. Dinis, who confirmed its Charter in Trancoso and sent repopulate and rebuild the castle, repeated action by D. Fernando, who also granted the Charter Fair in 1373.


Castelo Rodrigo is surrounded by a fortified perimeter initially comprised of 13 turrets (like Avila), which remain few, and whose tour round is partially obstructed by the houses built there. Retains its medieval traces, which radiates from the citadel and follows the topography.


Its streets are interesting houses, some manueline, other constructions Arabs, like the house No. 32, with registration and a scowl, in addition to the tank, with a horseshoe-arched door and another ogival.


Being on the route of pilgrims to Compostela, here stood the Church of Mrs. de Rocamador, founded by a coterie of hospitable monks from France in the century. XIII. It features dogs in Romanesque and inside stand out a Renaissance pulpit in granite, imaginary century. XIV and XVII, the coffered ceiling with baroque paintings and a rococo altarpiece.


For having sided with Castile in the crisis of 1383-85, John I chastised Castelo Rodrigo, sending your coat to stay with the royal arms reversed, and the village dependent Pinhel.
The pillory Manueline - and large cage - attests to the municipal power, regulated by the new charter of 1508, when D. Manuel the Fortunate King, had to repopulate the village and rebuild the castle.


Under Philippine area was instituted and the county marquis de Castelo Rodrigo in the person of Cristobal de Moura, who had built a palace.


After the Restoration it was destroyed by the people. Near Puerta del Sol, the standard marks and commemorates the restoration of national independence.


Still in the struggle against Spain, the town has suffered in the 1664 siege of the Duke of Osuna, with its garrison of 150 men resisted heroically until the arrival of reinforcements, is waging the battle of Salgadela near the Monastery of Santa Maria de Aguiar. It is said that the Duke of Osuna and D. John d'Austria escaped disguised as monks.


After the Wars of Restoration, Castelo Rodrigo was losing its importance, and June 25, 1836, by royal charter of King Mary II, the county seat moved to Figueira de Castelo Rodrigo.
Historically, no borderland village occupied for so long a place so important in relationships Luso-Castilian and Portuguese in defending territory.

 castelo3

A Cache

[PT]
As coordenadas publicadas são de um possivel estacionamento. A cache é o resultado final de um passeio turístico por Castelo Rodrigo. Com a sua visita e os vários elementos recolhidos vai chegar a coordenada da cache!!

 Achamos que assim pudera desfrutar de uma visita integral a Castelo Rodrigo e conhecer assim toda a sua Historia. Aproveitar ainda e deixar-se envolver pela calma e os óptimos ares desta bonita região.


Para realizar esta cache terão que encontrar primeiro o número escrito no logbook da cache:

Convento de Santa Maria de Aguiar- FCR 

           
O container poderá levar TB’s e GC’s.
O container final, contem de inicio:

  •  LogBook
  •  Lapis
  •  GC
  •  ... e surpresas..

 

Para chegarem à cache só terão que efectuar os seguintes cálculos:

N 40° (D x 18  -F). (C-738)

W 006° (A x 7  + G). (B x E x H) - 80


Tirem fotos ás vistas…agradecia que não colocassem nenhuma foto spoiler.

 Boas Cachadas

 



[EN]
The coordinates listed are those of a possible parking. The cache is the end result of a tour by Castelo Rodrigo. His visit and the various elements collected will reach coordinated cache!


 We think so been able to fully enjoy a visit to Castelo Rodrigo and so know all their history.
Getting still and let yourself in the quiet and the great air of this beautiful region.


To accomplish this cache will have to first find the number written on the logbook of the cache:

Convento de Santa Maria de Aguiar - FCR
           
The container could lead TB's and GC's.
The container end, contains a start:
• Logbook
• Lapis
• GC
• ... and surprises ..

To reach cache only have to perform the following calculations:

N 40 ° (18 x D-F). (C-738)
W 006 ° (A x 7 + G). (E x B x H) - 80

Take pictures of the sights ... I'd appreciate any photos that do not put spoiler.
 

Good Hunt

Additional Hints (Decrypt)

Fbzn qr pbagebyb srvgn qn frthvagr sbezn N+O+P+Q+R+S+T+U = 1352

Decryption Key

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------
N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z

(letter above equals below, and vice versa)