Skip to content

Ermida do Senhor da Agonia Traditional Geocache

Hidden : 09/09/2010
Difficulty:
2 out of 5
Terrain:
3.5 out of 5

Size: Size:   small (small)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:


Português

A Ermida encontra-se num local bastante ermo, a cerca de 0.5Km da estrada, com uma via de acesso bastante degradada.

Pelo caminho, é possível encontrar várias habitações em ruinas e algumas formações rochosas singulares. Junto à ermida, existe uma pequena fonte e uma rocha furada pela erosão.

A ermida, em si, é pobre e austera, e o local parece estar abandonado. Foi construída de encontro a uma formação rochosa bastante impressionante.

Do adro da ermida, é possível desfrutar de uma paisagem muito simpática e imponente.

Conta-se que a ermida começou a ser edificada em 1758, depois de se ter encontrado, por acaso, uma imagem de Nosso Senhor Jesus Cristo na Cruz.

A Ermida está confiada aos habitantes de Lourosa da Comenda que, anualmente, repetem a festividade a 11 de Agosto, altura em que se abre a ermida e se celebra a Missa. Segue-se, depois, festa e folclore.

Nota: A Ermida localiza-se a cerca de 0.5Km da estrada. O acesso é por um caminho em mau estado. Contudo, é possível chegar à ermida de carro, com cuidado.

English

The chapel is located in a remote place, about 0.5Km from the road, and accessible by a path in bad conditions.

On our way to the chapel, one can find some ruins and some peculiar boulders. Close to the chapel, there is a fountain and a rock that has been drilled by erosion.

The chapel itself is modest and austere, like its surroundings, which seems like being kind of abandoned. It was build on top of a large and impressive rock formation. The churchyard offers a nice and impressive view.

Records report that the chapel was build from 1758 on, after a Cross of Our Lord Jesus Christ was found there by accident.

The habitants of Lourosa da Comenda are in charge of the chapel. Every year, on August 11, the chapel’s doors are open for the celebration of the mass. Then, people gather nearby for the popular festivity.

Note: the chapel is as far as 0.5Km from the closest road. The pathway to the chapel is currently in bad conditions. However, one can still reach the chapel by car.

Additional Hints (Decrypt)

Cregb qn netbyn qr sreeb. Arne gur veba evat.

Decryption Key

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------
N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z

(letter above equals below, and vice versa)