Brentwood railway station is a railway station at Brentwood in Essex, England. It was opened on 1 July 1840 as a temporary terminus by the Eastern Counties Railway on what was to become the Great Eastern Main Line.
The line was extended towards Colchester in 1843 and the Great Eastern Railway took over in 1862. After the Grouping of 1921 it passed to the London and North Eastern Railway who undertook quadrupling of the tracks through the station in 1934.
Train services are provided by National Express East Anglia and the typical off-peak service from the station sees six trains per hour between Shenfield and London Liverpool Street.
The station is sited at the bottom of Brentwood bank, which ascends to the east towards Shenfield station. The bank presented a significant climb down to steam trains and up until 2001 embankment ladders were present to allow workmen to access the tracks. These were eventually replaced with a walkway along the tracks.
The station is planned to be served by Crossrail from 2018.