The Kualoa Sugar Mill was the first sugar mill built on the island of Oahu in Hawaii. It was built between 1863 and 1865 by Charles Hastings Judd and Samuel G. Wilder. using most modern steam-powered machinery, which was imported from Scotland. Samuel Wilder's son died in 1866, three days after he fell in a vat of boiling sugar syrup. His mother moved away after that tragedy, because she could no longer bear to live at the mill. In 1870, Samuel Wilder deeded his share of the mill to Charles Judd. Later the Kualoa Sugar Mill was closed in 1871 because it turned out there was not enough rain in the Kualoa Ranch area to grow sugar.
Later during World War 2 the area was used as the Kualoa Army Airfield as part of the Seventh Air Force. Stationed here where P-40, P-38, F-4 and A-24 that used the monkey pod trees as natural hangers.