The Alameda - Ampthill Circular
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
The avenue of lime trees were planted and given to the people of Ampthill in 1827 by Lord and Lady Holland, then living in Ampthill Park House.
Alameda is Spanish for public walk, and these trees led the way onto the, then, peaceful and shady glades of trees on Coopers Hill. The cenotaph at the end of the walk, was unveiled in 1921 by Princess Beatrice, the original gates to the walk were also taken down and replaced with the current entrance that year in preparation for the royal visit. . FTF goes to nigel/liz Approach the cache from the Alameda side for ease of finding
Oruvaq gur fvta