Missouri Top 10 Challenge
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
THIS IS A CHALLENGE CACHE. THERE IS A CONTAINER AT THE POSTED COORDINATES, HOWEVER, YOU MUST COMPLETE THE CHALLENGE BEFORE LOGGING THE CACHE.
This challenge is all about finding the "Top 10 Favorite" caches in the state of Missouri. Many Geocaching Premium Members have been casting their votes for their favorite geocaches. Using Groundspeak's new Blue Ribbon Favorite Filter Premium Members can search for those favorite geocaches as voted on by your fellow geocachers in each state now.
What are Missouri's current Top 10 geocaches?
To find out follow these directions:
1. From the Geocaching website select "HIDE & SEEK A CACHE"
2. Search by State/Province "Missouri" then select "GO"
3. Now click on the Blue Ribbon Favorite Filter.
The current Top 10 favorite geocaches will now list in descending order. This filter only works if you are a premium member. If you are not a premium member ask one you know to run this query for you.
To be eligible to find the final geocache container for this challenge continue on with these very simple steps.
1. At the time you decide to accept this challenge post a note on this cache page listing that days current Top 10 geocaches in the state of Missouri.
2. Go find and log those 10 caches.
3. When you get to log the final, list the geocaches you found and the date you found them in your cache log on this page.
(A bookmark may also be used to substitute writing out another list that includes your found dates)
Questions and Answers:
1. Do previous finds count? - Yes
2. What if the Top 10 in Missouri change before I finish finding them? - You only need to find the Top 10 that you opted in for as posted in your note.
3. If the Top 10 changed and I like that list better can I start all over? - Sure, just delete your first note listing, post a new opt in list and continue with your Top 10 challenge.
4. What if there is a tie for say 8th place? - Just count ten favorites down from the #1. That's your qualifying Top 10.
5. What if there is a tie for 10th place? - Pick the one you want.
6. Can I substitute favorites from other states? - No this challenge is for caches in the state of Missouri only.
7. Is there a time limit? - No, you can take as many days, weeks, months or years as you want to finish.
8. If the Missouri Top 10 challenge cache ever makes it to the Top 10 favorites in Missouri will it count? - No, skip it and go find the next one.
9. I am the cache owner of a Top 10 listed cache can I count it as a qualifier? - Yes, just use the date you hid it to qualify yourself.
10. I adopted a cache that is in the Top 10, can I count it? - Well if you have actually been there where it is hidden and/or completed that caches finding requirements yourself then sure why not.
11. What if one of my opt in Top 10 get archived before I find the final? - Two answers for that one. If you already found the archived cache you opted in for then it still counts. If you had not found the archived cache yet then you need to make an adjustment to your list.
The challenge here is that you find the current Top 10 caches in Missouri that you opted in for and be able to complete the challenge for yourself. No tricks.
As Premium Geocaching Members continue to cast their votes for their favorite caches this challenge will continue to change for new seekers for many years to come.
If you are a Premium Geocaching Member and have not cast any of your favorite cache votes yet, what are you waiting for?
Special thanks to bourbon7 & zavalla1 for permission to place this cache
(No hints available.)