How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Fruit, vegetables and caches are part of our balanced diet and can help us stay healthy. That’s why it so important that we get enough of them.
The 5 A DAY Challenge highlights the health benefits of getting five 80g portions of fruit and vegetables every day and finding 5 caches. That’s five portions of fruit and veg altogether, not five portions of each as well as 5 caches.
Five reasons to get five portions and five reasons to caches
* Fruit and vegetables taste delicious and there's so much variety to choose from.
* They're a good source of vitamins and minerals, including folate, vitamin C and potassium.
* They're an excellent source of dietary fiber, which helps maintain a healthy gut and prevent constipation and other digestion problems. A diet high in fiber can also reduce your risk of bowel cancer.
* They can help reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke and some cancers.
* Fruit and vegetables contribute to a healthy and balanced diet.
* Caching enables you to burn a few calories
* Caching get you into the fresh air.
* Caching get the heart pumping when youhave a steep hill.
* Caching gives a reason to take the dog out.
* Caching gives a reason to get out the car.
Fruit and vegetables are also usually low in fat and calories (provided you don’t fry them or roast them in lots of oil). That’s why eating them can help you maintain a healthy weight and keep your heart healthy.
So the "Five a Day Challenge" is to do five caches a day (no more - no less) for 1 week (7 days) then and only then are you eligible to sign and claim this cache as a find.
Then once you have got into the habit you can then go off and find as many as you want as often as you want.
A few rules to this challenge.
5 cache finds each day for 7 consecutive days (1 week).
This cache CANNOT be used as one of your 5 a day.
Finds can be of any type or combination of types.
Finds can be anywhere (but obviously finds in Lands End and John O'Groats on the same day will raise questions)
Sets of finds before the publish date of this cache will NOT be accepted
Enter your 35 caches (7 x 5) with days and dates on your found log or craete a bookmark list.
The cache owner will NOT accept your claim if more or less than 5 caches are found on any of the day's during your week.
Once the challenge criteria has been accepted you will be eligible find this cache and sign the log.
Plan your week.
Remember to have daily contingencies for possible DNFs
More experienced cachers may find this challenge harder as they cannot help themselves finding "Just one more cache" and they also have found most of their local caches and have to travel further afield to find their 5 A DAY.
Note: Some thought to the extraction method is required and a cachers kit bag may required (not essential)to the extract the inner container, hence the 4.5 D Rating. Drop the Cache owner A Line if you have problems.
THERE IS NO NEED TO MOVE THE OUTER CONTAINER.
Ab svfuvat sbe pyhrf naq vg'f abg va gur ovt ubyr.
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum