.A series of caches designed to highlight the discontinued railway line that ran from Wangaratta to Whitfield and return. All the caches are placed near the original sidings and stops and in all cases are easily accessed from the road. Care should be taken when crossing the road and parking as this is a relatively busy country road.

King Valley
This siding apparently had a few changes along the way, as follows:
14/3/1899, Opened as Whitfield line stopping Place No. 7. 9/5/1904, Renamed Milne. 27/9/1909, Renamed King Valley. 14/2/1910, King Valley closed. 14/2/1910, Opened as King Valley Siding.
Something does not make sense here. The renaming is according to the VR's Weekly Notices. The stopping place numbers of King.Valley and Hyem are not in order. It is suspected that the powers that be reversed the two stopping place numbers. Was the location changed slightly with the opening of the siding? The railway's distance for the stopping place was 25½ m from Wangaratta.
Hc uvtu.