Libbey Mill Traditional Geocache
Related Web Page
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
The cache container only contains a log.
The Libbey Mill building was constructed on the shores of the Androscoggin River near Great Falls in 1845. In 1893, the W.S. Libbey Company purchased the mill and manufactured blankets there until 1991.
In 1972, the mill was almost destroyed by a chemical explosion and fire. Two people lost their lives and ten were injured. The Lewiston Fire Dept. almost lost their newly purchsed snorkle truck at that historic fire.
On July 15, 2009, another major fire burned the remaining parts of the mill to the ground.
Lbh ner ragvgyrq gb n "lrf be ab" dhrfgvba sbe ybttvat n QAS.