Skip to content

Quirinus Traditional Cache

This cache has been archived.

pisa7779: Since the cache seems to be continuously compromised, we have sadly decided to archive it. Greetings and thanks to all cachers and their feedback. Maybe Quirinus will return one day ...

More
Hidden : 04/09/2011
Difficulty:
1.5 out of 5
Terrain:
2 out of 5

Size: Size:   micro (micro)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:

Der Cache dürfte einfach zu finden sein.Die Stelle ist ziemlich gut einsehbar, deshalb auf Muggels aufpassen.BYOP

Ihr befindet Euch an einem historischen Ort, also bitte nichts zerstören!Bitte versteckt den Cache so wie ihr ihn vorgefunden habt.


The cache should be easy to find.The place can be well observed, so watch out for Muggles.BYOP

You are on a historic site, so please don't destroy anything!Please hide the cache as you have found it.


Die Quirinuskapelle wurde von den Deutschrittern unterhalten. Es waren auch sie, die die gotische Fassade um 1355 erbaut haben. Von ihnen stammt auch das Deutschenherrenkreuz, welches über der Pforte eingemeisselt ist. Rechts davon ist der offene Predigtstuhl zu sehen. Das Dach und der Glockenturm wurden 1885 restauriert. Am Fuß der Kapelle befindet sich der Quirinus-Brunnen, dessen Wasser früher heilende Wirkung nachgesagt wurde.

Der Heilige Quirinus war während dem 11.Jahrhundert der Schutzpatron der Festung, seit 1455 auch von der Stadt Luxemburg. 1666 wurde er von den Jesuiten in dieser Funktion von der Trösterin der Betrübten ersetzt, der Titel unter dem die Muttergottes hauptsächlich in Luxemburg verehrt wird.

Quelle: Wikipedia

The Quirinuschapel was maintained by the Teutonic Knights who also built this gothic facade around 1355. The teutonic cross over the gate originates from them too. On the right side one can see the open pulpit. The roof and the bell tower were renovated in 1885. In front of the chapel lies the Quirinus well whose water was said to cure illnesses.

Saint Quirinus was the patron saint of the fortress during the 11th century and from 1455 of the city of Luxembourg. In 1666, the Jesuits replaced him in this function by the consolatrix afflictorum, the title under which the Mother of God is revered in Luxembourg.

Source: Wikipedia

Additional Hints (Decrypt)

Ahe qrz Qrzügvtra jveq qvr Fcnygr vue Trurvzavf cervftrora / Bayl gur uhzoyr jvyy erirny gur frperg bs gur penpx

Decryption Key

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------
N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z

(letter above equals below, and vice versa)