Cache a Little R&R: Crystal Lake Puzzle Challenge
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
This cache is at the posted coordinates, but please read on for logging requirements.
If you're looking for a little R&R, this is the challenge for you. However, the title of this challenge may be misleading. After completing it, you may want to take in some Rest and Relaxation... but to log your smiley, you'll be dealing with Rocky and Renzo, or rather, their fine list of puzzles.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with these Puzzlers, you'll be doing some Reading, wRiting, aRithmetic and a whole list of other things as you Rack your brain and march your feet all over Crystal Lake and the neighboring northwest suburbs of Chicago. Be prepared for some excercise as well. Many of these caches include field puzzles, significant hikes and heavy terrain in addition to the homework that you'll be doing. All in all, these puzzles have been some of my most memorable caching experiences and I was lucky to "grow up" as cacher in this vicinity. I hope you'll enjoy these caches as much as I do. So here's to Renzotobias and Rocky is a very good doggie.
And now to the Rules...
1) You must have fun. This is the most important of all, but I assure you that you will not have any trouble doing so.
2) You must have found a minumum of 75% of the active puzzle caches on the R&R Bookmark List (which I will keep current) to hunt this cache. No rounding up of percentages. Example: 39/53 = 0.736... Currently, you need to have found at least 24/30 of them to log this Challenge. If the list increases or decreases, so will the minimum number. So be sure to keep an eye on the list. Disabled caches will remain on the list. Archived caches will not.
3) Included in the caches you claim, you must have found at least 1 of the puzzle caches on the R&R Bookmark List that have a combined Difficulty+Terrain rating of greater than or equal to 6.5. There are currently 6 caches with this combined rating.
4) Generally accepted rules for logging a cache find apply. You must physically locate the caches, sign the log and log your find online for all the caches you claim for this challenge. You also need to meet all other requirements listed on the cache page.
5) You must create a public bookmark of your found R&R puzzle caches with the date found listed in the description. If you are not a premium member, you may email me your list of caches/dates found. I will check these up to seven days before or after you hunt the Challenge cache to confirm your finds. Please notify me via my profile email or cache page note if you want me to check your bookmark ahead of time. Found it logs that do not have a corresponding qualifying bookmark/email will be deleted. You must physically sign the cache log for this challenge to get your smiley.
6) There are only 2 exceptions to rules 2-5: A) Your caching name is renzotobias or B) your caching name is rocky is a very good doggie. If you don't like this rule, well... Lonestar will give you the raspberry.
BONUS: 75% is the minimum to hunt this Challenge. Though, I am sure there are some of you out there who will surpass (or already have) this number. Up to 10 cachers with the top percentages at the time of logging will be listed on this page. Personally, I plan to get them all as well. Have fun and happy caching!
PS - A BehmRequisite was not needed to place this challenge.
This cache is not available 24/7. Please respect the hours of availability for each stage. And please do not cross private property.
Congrats to Moodygrrl and Badlands on the FTF!
51/51 - Badger Cachers (+1 archived)
51/51 - RemembertheChief (+2 archived)
51/51 - Littlepig (+2 archived)
47/51 - McGeo (+2 archived)
46/51 - Moodygrrl (+2 archived)
46/53 - IrishCubsFan (+1 archived)
44/53 - Sgauss
43/53 - Maleki (+1 archived)
40/51 - 4Buckleys (+1 archived)
39/51 - Scottberks
(No hints available.)