WORLD WIDE FLASH MOB VIII Event
Mandurah Western Australia
12 Noon on 4th June
A great time had by all. 81 people in 41 teams logged into the event on the Mandurah Foreshore for 15 minutes of animated discussion, and swaps and good family fun. The turn up exceeded expectations as we (the organisers) have only been caching since March this year and didn’t really know how many cachers there were in the area. A number travelled from Perth and further afield to attend the event and it was great to put names and faces to the log names we had all encountered.
We had a container for swaps which was very popular with the geokids and also a container for trackables and 43 TBs and geo coins passed through the event on the day. The theme was wear something blue, which everyone did, and the blue balloons provided by Jacaro44 and the jelly bellies provided by Capanira all added to the event.
- The FTF honours and Signal mini geocoin was the first draw from the logs in the cache ammo box and went to Seberrys who travelled from Margaret River for the event.
- WWFM VIII geocoins (2) went to Wego and ClydeE
- WWFM VIII travel tags (3) went to BlaKids, Belnoaks and Urch
- “Cat” travel tags (2 donated by Urch) went to LBJezza and Cuzza
We had fun and from the general feel of the crowd, so did everybody else.
Thanks go to
- All the members of WA K Team (cachers & muggles) who helped on the day
- Paynetrain - for organisation and logging
- Aus Vrede as the "official" photographer
- Caparina - for the jellie bellies
- Jacaro44 - for the blue helium balloons
- Urch - for the Cat travel tags
and of course to everyone who turned up and made it a successful and enjoyable event.
We look forward to seeing you at the next event in WA.
Mike & Sue
WA K Team
This event was a part of the World Wide Flash Mob VIII occurring simultaneously around the globe organized by iTrax and Foxtail. Check out a list of all of the other scheduled WWFM VIII events that will occur simultaneously around the world.
For additional WWFM VIII information, visit:
(Groundspeak has given permission for any WWFM VIII event to link to the above website.)
You've heard of geocaching mega-events? This is quite the opposite in a variety of ways. It is sort of like a micro event, but with many of these events occuring world wide all at the same time. Flash Mobs have also gathered for other reasons, besides Geocaching (http://tinyurl.com/7qpml).