Muirend railway station is located in the Muirend area of Glasgow, Scotland. The station lies on the Neilston branch of the Cathcart Circle Line.
The station was opened by the Lanarkshire and Ayrshire Railway on 1 May 1903, as part of an extension from that company's previous northern terminus at Giffen to a junction with the Cathcart District Railway at Cathcart.
In the early 1960s the line was electrified and for many years train services were mainly provided by Class 303 "Blue Train" electric multiple units.
The station has an island platform with a ramp providing access directly to the platform from Muirend Road at the south end of the station. At the north end, there is footbridge access.
Services are mainly used by commuters travelling into the centre of Glasgow. Trains run mainly every half hour in each direction during daytime