This box is hidden on a rarely used part of Shalford Common. Due to trees, the coordinates may be a little off, but Google earth agrees.
Start from the "Clifford House" tombstone. Be very careful of the busy road, especially on the way back. Access involves ditch leaping and bramble stomping - no sandals or shorts. I expect it will be easy to find as a geocacher's trail is likely to develop.
Feel free to take ONE book for EACH book you place in the box. Please put books in an airtight plastic bag, preferably with the front cover visible, to ensure they stay dry. There are some bags on a roll in the box - if they are running low, please send me an email. Please log what books you take and what you leave.
On 2012-03-11, the cache contained the following books:
- The set text required to solve GC1EFM1 : Memoirs of Year 9 SATS 2008! AHHHH!. Borrow for up to 7 days, then return it here.
Out on loan with either Richiecactus or warrenhill (unsure which).
- The lemon tree / The moneylenders of Shapur / Yes mama - Helen Forrester
- The fourth protocol - Frederick Forsyth
- The headhunter - Michael Slade
- Snow White and the seven dwarves
- Circle of friends - Maeve Binchy
- Playing with fire - Gordon Ramsay
- Here be monsters - Anthony Price
- Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
- Bunny suicides - Andy Riley
- The sixty minute mother - Rob Parsons
- Wildlife SOS - Lou Cowell
- Blowing it - Judy Astley
- Weather - Usborne spotters guides
- Wild Flowers - Collins Gem
- Diary of an Edwardian lady - Edith Holden
Beyond the far side - Gary Larson
In search of the far side - Gary Larson
Magic squares and cubes - W S Andrews
Dangerous outsider - Graeme Roe
The far side - Gary Larson
A thousand acres - Jane Smiley
The good, the bad and the dumped - Jenny Colgan
The complaints - Ian Rankin
The timewaster letters - Robin Cooper
Captain Corelli's mandolin - Louis de Bernieres
The seventh scroll - Wilbur Smith
The pirate's daughter - M Cezair-Thompson
Secretariat - William Nack
Gurney's guide to feathered friends - E & N Gurney
Please ensure the cache lid is firmly attached to the box and the camo properly in place.
Congratulations bigbadash, on getting the First To Find trophy.
Good hunting. You may also be interested in my other caches, (especially the nearby Shalford stamp exchange ).