Come out and play! It's the sixth annual caching romp through Sonoma County.
The Great Sonoma County GeoRally and Quest for Mega - April 28, 2012
Welcome to the 2012 Sonoma County GeoRally and Quest for Mega - the biggest caching event in Sonoma County! I'm hoping to keep this event growing, and would love to see it hit Mega status some time - so tell your friends and let's make it the Bay Area's first Mega event!
Here's how it works:
- A week or so before the event I'll post a file with a bunch of waypoints for you to load into your GPS before you come to the event.
- We'll meet at 10:00 am, at the listed coords.
- When you check in for the event, you can choose to donate a geo-related raffle item in return for a pick from the 'bucket-o-hints', which will give you a hint or answer to one of the questions. One hint per team.
- I'll give you all directions for the day's activities, then you'll head out on the caching GeoRally. A lot more info on the rally itself is available at http://www.donaldlaird.com/georally.html.
- I will be receiving entries starting at 4:30 pm, at the ending coordinates.
This event is also the ending point for The Great Cow Tag Race.
Fifty tags were sent out at the 2011 GeoRally to see the world. We'll see how many of them return to the pasture this year! If you're bringing one of the cow tags to this event, please make sure that I get a chance to log it in.
For more information about the Cow Tag Race, visit its information page.