Agricola School (1892 -
1945)
The Beaver Hills School District No. 246 was
created on December 10, 1892. Initially classes were held in St.
Paul's Presbyterian Church. Then, on July 16, 1898, the school's
trustees agreed to borrow $100 to build a schoolhouse. Construction
was completed that same year.
Located in the district of the Agricola Post
Office, the school was more commonly referred to as the Agricola
School. In 1927, the name was officially changed from Beaver Hills
to Agricola.
On January 1, 1938, the Agricola School
District was incorporated into the Clover Bar School Division No.
13. The school was closed in July, 1945 due to low enrollment, and
the Agricola students were transferred to the Yorkville and East
Edmonton Schools. Although the school building no longer exists,
the school bell is on display at the Fort Saskatchewan Museum and
Historic Site.
The house is built on the foundations
of the original school.