number (cardinal) /'fôrte/
The number equivalent to the product of four and ten; ten less than fifty; 40.
40 (forty) is the natural number following 39 and preceding 41.
noun /?sôr'te/ /'sôrte/
An attack made by troops coming out from a position of defense.
A short trip or journey.
Find forty (or more) puzzle caches in one day... a pretty tough physical challenge to compliment all that mental activity expended in solving the puzzles in the first place!
1. Find 40 or more Puzzle Caches in one day.
2. A day begins and ends at midnight, and is of course 24 hours long.
3. Caching Teams are allowed - BUT - Cumulative team efforts do not count. (see below).
4. A caching 'Name' that represents more than one cacher - the 'Name' will qualify as long as (at least) 1 member has found 40.
5. 'Find' means locate the cache and sign it's log sheet. The webpage logging can happen anytime.
6. Sortie's in the past are ok, as long as they can be verified and comply with these rules.
7. The cacher must submit a link to a shared list, of all the caches he or she found (see below).
8. This puzzle can be included.
9. No re-finding puzzles you have already found.
10. No finding your own puzzles.
11. Only puzzles placed in the UK.
12. Only geocaching.com puzzles.
13. Challenge Puzzles may be included.
14. 'Clever-clogs' who try to bend these rules will be excluded!
++. Any other rules I might think of !
If in doubt - please contact me for clarification (before heading out on your sortie). I will delete any logs that don't meet the rules!!.
These do not count. Example 1: Four cachers each find 10 puzzles. Example 2: Jack and Jill cache under the name of 'UpHill'. On a circuit of 40 puzzles, Jack logs 20 and Jill logs 20. Obviously Rule 4. applies.
Shared Bookmark List
If possible, please create a bookmark list of your 40+ qualifying caches. If you include this cache in your list, then a hyperlink will automatically displayed on the right of the challenge cache web page. Note: A single bookmark list for the whole series will be fine provided the caches are clearly labeled. Also, please include your caching name in the bookmark list name or provide a link to the bookmark list in your log. (Thanks to BaSHful for this rule). If you are unable to make a bookmark, then please list all the caches in your log.
Solo v Team or Name
This is just for fun - and to acknowledge the extra effort of doing this cache 'solo'. By default, I shall assume solvers of this challenge did it as a team or name, unless you convince me otherwise. Obviously I can't check so it's down to folks honesty. Solo means the cacher found and logged the caches on their own, AND did their own transport (were not assisted by someone else).
I will also maintain a list on this webpage of the successful finders - good luck and stay safe.
Note: the cache rating is for the physical and mental effort of your Sortie!
Top 20 Results:
Special "SORTIE BEYOND SANITY" award - "Breaking the it-cannot-be-done-100-barrier !":
||No. of Finds
||Sun. 22nd Sept 2013
||161 Caches, ( Marios List)
|Coin-Man, KinkyWeasel & I'm Hiding I'm Hiding
||Thur 13th Aug 2015
||112 Caches, ( Forty Sortie)
My other puzzles