Skip to content

PLESIVEC SGF Traditional Cache

This cache has been archived.

Geolens Reviewer: Dakujeme.

Ak budes mat v buducnosti chut sa o kesku postarat, radi pomozeme.

More
Hidden : 8/24/2011
Difficulty:
1 out of 5
Terrain:
1 out of 5

Size: Size:   micro (micro)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Related Web Page

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:



SGF: Seria GEMERSKYCH kostolov so stredovekymi FRESKAMI

Series from GEMER region of churches with medieval FRESCOES

PLESIVEC


SK

Na mieste dnesneho kostola stal uz v polovici 13. storocia romansky kostol sv. Juraja, neskor ho rod Bebekovcov nahradil vacsim gotickym sienovym kostolom s polygonalnou svatynou, ktory sa prvykrat spomina v roku 1320. V polovici 15. storocia k lodi zo severnej strany pristavali rodovu pohrebnu kaplnku. V 17. storoci sa cez region prehnali Turci a kostol, vtedy uz reformovany, po oprave rovneho stropu v lodi dostal dnesny vzhlad – len pod omietkami sa zachovali zvysky kedysi honosnej freskovej vyzdoby. Nástenné malby, ktore su zatial odkryte v interieri, su z konca 14. storocia, daju sa rozoznat rozne vyjavy: na juznej stene stredovekej svatyne Ukrizovanie s troma Mariami a dalsimi postavami pod krizom, vyssie je Posledna vecera a fragment Krista pred Pilatom. Na vonkajsej stene juznej lode sa zachovala cast stredovekej omietky s postavami sv. Ladislava a sv. Stefana – uhorskych kralov, tieto casti objavili a restaurovali v rokoch 1977-78.
V obdobi, kedy si dali miestni zemepani Bebekovci vyzdobit svoj rodovy kostol, zaplatili si najlepsich umelcov – podla nazoru odbornikov tu malovali umelci, ktori pracovali na kralovskom dvore – na maliarskej vyzdobe kralovskej kaplnky v Ostrihome.

EN:
In the place of the present church there was a Romanesque St. George church in the middle of the 13th century. The Bebek family replaced it by a larger Gothic two-nave hall-church, firstly mentioned in 1320. In the middle of the 15th century a burial chapel was built on the northern side. The Turks damaged the region in the 17th century and after the renewal the church – a Calvinist or Reformed then – got a plain ceiling. Fragments of the once-upon-a-time magnificent fresco decoration were hidden under the plaster. In the interior there are are some wall-paintings uncovered: on the southern wall of the medieval presbytery a Crucifixion with three Maries and other figures under the cross, in the upper part a scene with the Last supper and a detail of Christ before Pilate. On the exterior of the southern wall of the nave is a part of medieval plaster restored with figures of the Hungarian royal saints: St. Ladislaus and St. Stephen, discovered and restored in 1977-78.
In the Middle Ages as the local noble Bebek family arranged the decoration of their family church, they could afford the best artists – according to the oppinion of arthistorians this work was completed by painters, who were employed at the royal court – and created the fresco decoration of the royal chapel in Esztergom.




o vstup do kostola je mozne poziadat Reformovany farsky urad na tel.:
you may ask for a visit in the church at the Reformed Parish on Nr:
+421-58-7921113

Additional Hints (Decrypt)

fgebz / gerr

Decryption Key

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------
N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z

(letter above equals below, and vice versa)