REALLY SideTracked - Coundon Road
How Geocaching Works
Related Web Page
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
You are looking for a "slimey" nano. Nearer ground lever on either 2 or 3.
The cache is next to a single track subway section of a road that motorists occasionally use if the level crossing is closed. Please therefore beware of traffic.
Coundon Road was the first station on the Coventry to Nuneaton route. The line was opened on 2 nd September 1850 and was a very busy secondary route primarily for coal trains.
The last scheduled passenger train to use the station called on 18th January 1965, although on the 19th August of the same year a special train chartered by Radford Social Club called at the station.
For many years a workman's train ran to and from Coundon Road, the carriages being stabled in the goods yard opposite the signal box during the day.
Possibly the most famous person to use the station was the Duchess of Kent in 1958 when she visited the Belgrade Theatre.
The station master's house still stands today and this must be one of the oldest surviving railway buildings in the area.
Zntargvp. Fhccbegvat nqiregvfvat pynvzf.
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum