How to find the park
On the north side of Pitsford Road (on the left as you leave Chapel Brampton to go towards Pitsford) is a stone wall with a large wooden doorway leading into the Pocket Park.
Please park at the Brampton Valley Way car park or at the alternative coords. It is not safe to park / stop on the main road. Please take care, especially with children as this is a busy road with fast moving traffic.
History of the park
The field west of the Pocket Park was the site of the 12th/13th century settlement and later the grounds of Brampton Hall and then Brampton House. The large wooden gate and stone pillars which are now the entrance to the Pocket Park were built in the 19th century to give access to the road and the railway station (Brampton Halt).
The meadow (known locally as Mill Paddock) contains the remains of a water mill which could date back to the 13th century. It was converted in 1883 to a water pumping station to service the village.
Until it became a Pocket Park the meadow was leased by the Althorp Estate for horse grazing.