Skip to content

Jardim Lou Lim Ioc Traditional Cache

This cache has been archived.

AirQ: Since GZ closed for a long period, decide to spare the space for new caches

More
Hidden : 1/2/2012
Difficulty:
1.5 out of 5
Terrain:
1.5 out of 5

Size: Size:   small (small)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:

Cache is a small round Lock & Lock, please cover it well, but not too much. As signal may be affected the trees & buildings, please refer to hints & photo from cache zone.

Regarding cache zone :
Lou Lim Ioc Garden, known as Yu Yuen in the old days, was designed and constructed by two scholars of Xianshan County, Liu Xianlian and Liu Jiliu, under the appointment of Lou Va Sio and Lou Lim Ieoc in succession. The Lous, being father and son, were the first generation of representatives of the Chinese community. The preparation for Yu Yuen’s construction began around 1903 while its actual construction commenced in 1904. By 1925, Yu Yuen was completed, being the largest private garden ever built in Macao. The Portuguese administration in Macao, by then, bought up Yu Yuen in 1973 and turned it into a public garden. It was opened to public in 1974 with an area less than half of its original. The opening of Iong Sam Tong Pavilion heightens the historical integrity of the garden. In addition to the trinity of the Lou Lim Ioc Garden Pavilion and the Macao Tea Culture House, the garden consolidates tea culture, nostalgias and amusements all in one. The Lou Lim Ioc Garden is nowadays a leisure garden in Macao richly filled with cultural spirit, not to mention the great historical values behind.

盧廉若公園, (古稱娛園, 又稱盧家花園或盧九花園;簡稱盧園, 葡文 : Jardim Lou Lim Ioc), 是港澳地區唯一具有蘇州園林風韻的名園, 此園曾被稱為是澳門三大名園之一。
園址原為龍田村的農田菜地, 1870年(清同治九年)被富商盧華紹(盧九)購入,並與其長子盧廉若先後聘請香山文士劉先廉、劉吉六為之設計興建, 約於1903年開始籌建, 1904年正式動工, 至1925年完成, 其間於 1912年5月, 孫中山先生曾應園主邀請下榻於園中的春草堂接見澳門中葡知名人士和革命人士。
該園於1973年由澳葡政府收購後改建為公園, 於1974年啟用, 雖面積已不及原娛園的一半, 仍有重要的歷史價值, 更曾被評為澳門八景之一。

Opening Hour 06:00-21:00/Daily
Pls note two facilities in the garden area with differ opening hour
- Tea Cultural Museum of Macao / 澳門茶文化館
- Iong Sam Tong Pavilion / 養心堂

Info based on the following pages (visit link) (visit link)

Additional Hints (Decrypt)

Haqre fgnve

Decryption Key

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------
N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z

(letter above equals below, and vice versa)