How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Ruins of Hamamatsu castle
Hamamatsu Castle was built by Ieyasu Tokugawa as a stronghold for attacks on the Enshu Area. He entered the castle in June, 1570 (the 1st Year of Genki) and stayed in for 17 years. It was constructed on a scale extending in distance 600m from east to west and 650m from north to south. The front gate open to the south on the Tokaido route. Extending from east to west were the "SAN-NO-MARU" (outermost outworks), the "NI-No-MARU" (inetermidiate ourworks), "HON-MARU" (keep), and "TENSHU-DAI" (area for the donjon), each becoming higher in order in level.
All the castle lords were from "daimyo" in hereditary vassalage to the Tokugawas and many of them were promoted to the distinctive membership in the "ROJU" (Shogun's Council of Elders). As a result, this castle was called "the castle of success." Tadakuni "Echizen-no-kami" Mizuno is the best known of all. The castle's stonework wasa sturdy build referred to as "NOZURA-ZUMI" typial of an old type of stonework,and is designated as one of the historic relics of Hamamatsu City.
The cache is not in the stone wall. Please do not climb or touch them.
Ehvaf bs Unznzngfh Pnfgyr
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum