A geotrail is a series of geocaches that share a common theme; for example, the geocaches constituting this geotrail are located at/around notable features of Duke Farms.
This geotrail includes the following geocaches:
From nearest to furthest from the Farm Barn, Duke Farms' main building and this geotrail's starting point:
- Farm Barn (GC3F2C4)
- Habitat Blind (GC3F2CA)
- Hay Barn (GC3E0PN)
- Farnese Bull (GC3E14Q)
- Eagle Gate (GC3F2CZ)
- Orchid Range (GC3F2CJ)
- Thorn Extractor (GC3F2CY)
- Old Foundation (GC3F2CK)
- Mermaid Pool (GC3F2CQ)
- Great Falls (GC3F2CP)
- Final Geocache
- The coordinates for ten geocaches have been published on geocaching.com; the coordinates for the eleventh and final geocache can be found in two of these ten!
- Each of the ten published geocaches contains a laminated card of a specific letter of the alphabet. Geocachers following the TALON geotrail must write down this letter in their brochure - acquired at Duke Farms' main building, the Farm Barn - and uncover the secret word to be eligible to receive a commemorative token from Duke Farms' Front Desk staff.
Parking for this geotrail is available at the Farm Barn, Duke Farms' main building, located at 1112 Dukes Parkway West in Hillsborough, New Jersey.
Duke Farms' Hours of Operation:
- Winter (November - March): 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Summer (April - October): 8:30 AM - 6 PM
Parking passes are required on Saturdays during summer hours.
Please review Duke Farms' Guidelines, Rules, and FAQs prior to your arrival.
You can learn more about Duke Farms by visiting www.dukefarms.org.
Duke Farms would like to thank its Geocache Monitoring Volunteers for the hard work they do throughout the year to ensure these geocaches remain accessible. We're so grateful to you, Ann C., Nancy F., Kathleen P., and Lynn T.!