How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
We left the cache hidden near the top of the rocky hill about 1.5 km west of the Hundshaupten Schloß. To find the cache, you must go to the stated coordinates. From there, the cache is located 34 meters away on a bearing of 040 Magnetic.
Have fun with the hike. We parked in the Schloss parking, and hiked back through the small town. The cache is a shoebox sized plastic tupperware style container that, as we left it, was wrapped in a yellow plastic bag. It was a snowy day as we left it, but the cache should stay dry.
We left in the Cache:
- Of course, the log book and a Siemens pen
- One Shoeshine Kit
- Brass Chinese Incense Burner, with incense
- A small mouse ornament
- 1 brass key chain
- 1 Rubber Chicken
- Bicycle Tire repair Kit
- Hand Warmers
- and, what every cache needs, a little rubber duckie
Unfortunately we had a bottle of Sekt, but it did not fit in the box - so much the more for the next cache.
Enjoy the cache - it is the first we have left, but we hope to set more and encourage the development of the sport in and around us here in Erlangen / Nürnberg.
Gur vavgvny pbbeqvangrf ner sbe gur irel gbc bs gur uvyy, ba gbc bs gur uvturfg ebpx. Gur npghny pbbeqvangrf bs gur pnpur ner: A49,43.161 R011,12.603 . Guvf vf n ovg qbja gur uvyy, ohg lbh pna abg trg gurer ol jnyxvat fgenvtug sebz gur gbc nf lbh jvyy raq hc ba gbc bs na bireunat. Jnyx qbja naq gb gur evtug bs gur yvar fgenvtug gb gur pnpur pbbeqvangrf, gura ghea onpx hc uvyy, naq pyvzo hc ba n fznyy yrqtr gb jurer gur pnpur vf. Gur pnpur vf va n fznyy pnir / ubyr jvgu na bcravat snpvat qbja gur uvyy.
- Cache PicturePicture of the cache on the snowy day in which we left it. Unfortunately, when we tried to fit everything into the box, the sekt would not fit - it will have to go into the next cache.
- Taking CoordinatesDave & Chris taking coordinates and measuring distances
- Rockpile in the SnowHopefully you have better weather on your visit.
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum