In May 1978 at the 80th IOC session in Athens, Sarajevo, Yugoslavia was selected to host the 14 Winter Olympic games in 1984.
It was the first Winter Olympic games in a Socialist country.
For the Yugoslavia government Sarajevo Olympics was a great opportunity to show the world its potential in best possible manner,
and in such an intention they were not disturbed by the big economic crysis that hit Yugoslavia in the early 1980s.
The Games have spent large resources, and built a number of impressive buildings and other infrastructure. In fact the government had the support of people of Sarajevo,
Sarajevo Olympics Facts
- The first Winter Olympic Games in a communist country.
- Organization 14th Winter Olympics cost is 142.6 million dollars, a half revenue was realized from the sale of rights to television broadcast.
- A total of 250,000 tickets sold, and only abroad 200,000, while the TV transmission of Sarajevo "White Olympics," followed two billion people.
- 1272 athletes participated from 49 countries, with the Winter Olympics were reported by over 4500 journalists.
- After the 14th Winter Olympics, Sarajevo, with the Olympic facilities, other newly-built apartments in 2850, and several hotels were opened, and 9500 new jobs.
- Exhibition on Olympics Sarajevo visited 1640 cities of the former Yugoslavia and the world.
Please stay on the path. The cache is placed at the top of the bobsled run (Lost Place), please see spoilers. There wehre no mines nerby the Cache !!!
Bitte auf dem Weg bleiben. Der Cache befindet sich bei der Bobbahn (Lost Place) bitte den Spoiler beachten. Es gibt keine Minen am Final des Cahes!!!
Trebevic – Bob i luge staza