Join us, let's surprise the citizens of Turku and ourselves on a Sunday early afternoon. Megamob 2012 is a flasm mob event everybody is welcome to attend it regardless of whether one attended to the Mega-Event itself or not.
There will be no event book available, nor will there be any possibility for trading or discovering trackables. The flash mob starts exactly at 3.30 p.m. and it'll last ten minutes, at most.
You may come to the meeting points as early as you wish but after the end of Megamob everybody should leave the area quickly and act like nothing never happened.
In Turku, it seems crucial to know, whether you are on the Southern or on the Northern bank of the Aura river. In Turku dialect, you may be either 'täl pual jokke' (on this side of the river) or 'tois pual jokke' (on that side of the river).
This dilemma is in the very heart of Megamob, as well.
The course of events in Megamob:
- The attendees gather to two different spots, both on one bank of the Aura river. They gather to socialise, meet and greet, and act totally casually.
- All the attendees whose geocaching nick start with any letter between A and N form the Group A. They gather at 'this side of the river', more exactly at N 60° 26.805' E 22° 15.880'. The location is next to Teatterisilta bridge.
- All the attendees whose geocaching nick start with any letter between O and Ö or some character other that a letter form the Group B. They gather at 'that side of the river', more exactly at N 60° 26.840' E 22° 15.840'. This location, too, is next to Teatterisilta bridge.
- When the whistle blows at 3.30, the Group B freeezes totally and the Group A starts with furious searching. For sure, your gprs is far more out of control this time than usually. Therefore you lots and lots of movement in order to get an idea of GZ.
- The whistle blows again and the Group A concludes shouting it out loud: TOIS PUAL JOKKE (that is, on the other side of the river).
- Group A freezes and group B wakes up for some serious searching work.
- The whistle blows for the third and last time and all attendees shout TÄL PUAL JOKKE!
- After very short cheering applause everybody will leave in good order happy after a succesful Mega weekend.
A flash mob (or flashmob) is a group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform an unusual and sometimes seemingly pointless act for a brief time, then disperse, often for the purposes of entertainment and/or satire. [Source: Wikipedia]