How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Special thanks to Team SteveCat for creating this trail of GeoCaches! This historic road ran 2,448 miles from Chicago to Los Angeles, and brought millions of travelers on the road trip of a life time! It even inspired the popular song. How many people drove these roads singing “Get your Kicks on Route 66”!
So come enjoy one of the California’s great stretches of America’s Main Street, and grab a few caches along the way.
Life is a Highway!
There are more than 800 caches in the series along this stretch of Route 66. All the caches in this series are on the same side of the road; therefore, this series should be done heading east bound (from Barstow towards Needles) start with -??? and work your way to 800!
Some things to remember when doing this series
* Start with negative numbered caches & work towards higher numbered caches
* Make sure you have plenty of water.
* Most of the highway isn't busy except the 6.5 miles between Amboy and Kelbaker Road.
* We had good cell phone coverage, your results may vary..
* Make sure you have enough gas, although, there is gas in Ludlow and Amboy. HEED THIS!!!! I GOT GAS IN NEEDLES AND PAID .85 MORE PER GALLON!!!
* Make sure you have a good spare tire and that is has air in it
* This route is really not suitable for caching at night.
* The section of road before Ludlow has some barbed wire fence; use caution.
* Most important of all --> Have fun! <--
FVTA gur ybt...
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum