Some of the Walking Group have completed most of the walks (only the guide can say he has been on all) but everyone who have been on them can tell a story or two – ranging from:
- how we managed to get the team across a slightly swollen river using the wire fence,
- sharing their thoughts on seeing an ‘over six thousand year-old site’ such as the nearby Triple Stone Row,
- the achievement to complete over one hundred walking miles within three years,
- how we managed to walk over ten Tors within eleven miles,
- the logistics undertaking a marathon walk from Belstone to Postbridge,
- not forgetting the personal stories from the new friends we have made.
This Box commemorates the thirtieth walk. It was placed during that walk on Sunday 27th May 2012 but resited outside the Scheduled Monuments area on the next walk on 30th September 2012. We intend to make it into a Dartmoor Letterbox too, complete with a commemorative stamp, at a latter date.
This Box complies to the DNPA guidelines listed in Web page http://www.dartmoor-npa.gov.uk/visiting/vi-enjoyingdartmoor/geocaching
Thank you for visiting it. PS: There £2 in the box for the first to find....