Burnham railway station is the railway station for Burnham, Buckinghamshire, although it lies in Haymill, a ward of Slough, about half a mile to the south of Burnham proper. Originally in Buckinghamshire the station moved into the county of Berkshire when county boundaries were realigned in 1974.
Photograph by Ben Brooksbank - 4th June 1961
The station is served by local services operated by First Great Western from Paddington to Reading stations. The station is on the Great Western Main Line, the original line of the Great Western Railway. From opening in July 1899, the station was named Burnham Beeches, becoming Burnham (Bucks) from 1 September 1930 to 5 May 1975, and then purely Burnham, although National Rail variously refers to the station as Burnham (Bucks) and Burnham (Berks). The station was closed as a First World War economy measure from April 1917 to March 1919
Interestingly, the station has no platform on the "main lines" meaning during times of relief line engineering works, no trains call at the station. The replacement bus service runs from Slough station
Burnham Station is the main stop for people using the Slough Trading Estate.