Welcome to the
Partner to the Go Big Red
**Trails built and maintained by GeoJudt, BBM&J, Old Man 124, p.boy, Doodle24/7, JJBeanBoy, teddybear7898, vinfekshen and crazyfrog15**
The Husker Trail lies to the west of Norfolk, NE and to the south of Pierce, NE. It consists of 74 caches and is approximately 7 miles wide and 5 miles high. The Husker Trail contains many cache types: Traditional, Multi, Puzzle/Unknown, Letterbox, & Wherigo. There are also several "more challenging" caches that will require a bit of thinking and special tools.
This is NOT a power trail! Don't expect to complete the trail in a single trip!
While there many Park-and-Grabs along the trail, there are also many caches of higher difficulty and terrain combinations. Each cache container is not necessarily hidden in the most obvious spot!
If you spent the night or nights in the area caching, please note it in your log of this cache, or post a note here. Norfolk Area Visitors Bureau provided some funds for Norfolk Area Fall Extravaganza so the more evidence that Geocaching is bringing dollars into the area, the more likely we may get some help for the next time.
Rules of the trail:
- Follow all Geocaching.com guidelines and local laws along the Husker Trail and DO NOT venture onto private property (unless the specific cache description says permission has been granted).
- Please use caution along the Husker Trail. While many caches may be Park-and-Grabs, others will have obstacles. Remember, you are caching at your own risk!
- Please place each cache back as you found it. If the cache appears to be out of place based on its D/T rating (example: a 4 terrain cache is 2 feet off the ground), place it in the closest position matching the D/T rating and post a note with your log. Please do not make the cache any easier or more difficult than the listed rating.
- You MUST SIGN the log to claim a find. Please DO NOT use stickers in logs!
- Please make sure the cache is completely sealed to avoid wet contents.
- If you cannot locate a cache and believe it is missing, please contact the CO, do not place a "Throw Down" replacement.
Cache owners have given you permission:
- If you locate a cache and the log is full, wet, or otherwise unsignable, you are welcome to replace the log. Please check original log for any clues for puzzle caches and include them on the new log. Please mention in you log if you do replace it.
- If you loose or break a cache, or the cache is already damaged, you are welcome to replace it with a similar container (micro for a micro, small for a small, etc.).
Have fun and see you on the caching trail . . .
Congrats to _hwbas04, LadyCache and 8601delphinium_ for FTF!
Placed by a Nebraskache Member