Klein Curacao is a remote island in the Caribbean just 1,25 hours by boat from Curacao. Expect it to be a fun day trip.
Even better: Organize that you stay there for the night - or even better 2 !! nights when the moon is ABSENT! as we did.
Absolutely NO light pollution...ALL the stars you can imagine, including a full view of our Milky Way can be seen.
Sunsets are guaranteed and as this island is uninhabitated, you are the ONLY ones on it at night !!
A WONDERFUL experience. Take own food & drinks or organize this through boat transport.
The cache is only an easy 15 - 20 minute walk from base (where boat sets you ashore).
If you choose to snorkel back it wil be approximately 1 hour of amazing underwater sites !!
Wear at least flipflops, t-shirt and hat. Take some water with you. Best is to take snorkel and fins with you.
On your way back, just jump into the ocean and snorkel with the light current back to base. You most probably will encounter sea turtles coming to look at you !
A small and very basic bench is created next to the cache so that you can really suck up the experience this place creates.
- The silence of our modern world !
- The waves bashing behind you !
- This place has been especially pointed out to me by a local claiming that this spot has special "powers". They think this is one of the places the magnetic (earth) lines of the world come together and enter the ground connecting many other worldly places on our beautiful earth. If you look around closely, you can see that a perfect square around this spot is pretty bare (nothing growing) and outside these perimiters, it is very green (Strange !!)
The name of this cache is carefully chosen:
- Compa is to honor a beloved local fisherman who has dissappeared without anyone knowing why and where;
- Conchita practically lives on this island and can tell you many stories ! He is a local with extremely beautiful BLUE EYES. He is the one who led us to this spot ! He was a good friend of the fisherman and a really fun personality to talk to. You can find him at the Mermaid Clubhouse on the island.
- Chici Curacao stands for the islands name: Klein Curacao. The 4 C's (C4) make it look and sound cool !!
Please feel free:
- to add / take out things from the cache. Rule is that if you take something, you have to replace it with something else.
- When placing something EARTHLY in the cache, make a wish for yourself and keep it to yourself. You never know what these "Special Powers" might bring to you !!
At time of placing (14-7-'12) the cache, I have included a Geocoin (nr. PCP9K9) I found in The Netherlands on 23-2-'12. This coin has already travelled approx. 12.000 km's and seen 49 caches. Feel free to take it with you and hide it at another cache. Please DO NOT FORGET to LOG this.
Please ensure the cache is securely sealed when placing it back so that weather can't get to it.
There is ONE REQUEST I have when searching for this cache:
PLEASE TAKE WITH YOU A BAG AND COLLECT ALL THE (PLASTIC) RUBBISH YOU MIGHT FIND ALONG YOUR WALK SO THE ISLAND KEEPS CLEAN AND ENJOYABLE FOR ALL OTHERS !!
DISPOSE OF THIS BAG ONCE YOU RETURN TO BASE !
THIS RUBBISH IS OFTEN THROWN ONTO SHORE BY THE WAVES !
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR HELPING KEEPING OUR WORLD A CLEAN PLACE !!