A zombie virus is ravaging the city, and you are humanity’s only hope of finding a cure. Find Patient Zero before it’s too late! This cartridge visits several locations in Maryland Heights, mostly along Dorsett Road. It is probably best traveled via car, though a biker might get a good workout here, if they didn't mind the back and forths on potentially busy streets. The route could be walked, but would be about 12 miles from start to finish, possibly more since some stops are not obvious. Most of the stops are handled by pulling into parking lots and continuing the adventure. For those sections that require exiting the vehicle, everything is relatively easy to handle, with two sections that might involve brief walks over flat but unpaved terrain. The final is a regular sized cache wtih difficulty/terrain rating of 2/2.
Download the Wherigo cartridge here.
- iPhone: Working. This cartridge was primarily developed and optimized for iPhone use, with the most recent version of the Wherigo app. However, multiple iOS users have reported that using the Save Game feature causes the game file to corrupt, such that the game is not completable. A workaround for this is in place, as of v2.8
- Pocket PC: Working (at least, it works fine in the emulator)
- Android (Toshiba Thrive, Samsung Galaxy, Asus Infinity Tablet TF700): Working flawlessly
- Garmin Oregon: Intermittent results. Three Oregons (450 and 550) worked just fine, while another Oregon 550t crashes consistently. If you have an Oregon, please let us know how it does? Thanks.
- Garmin Colorado: No problems reported.
Credits: Team members at the St. Louis Game Jam included: Kunaal Bajwa, Ian Chisholm, Elonka Dunin, Sam Kruse, Caitlin Moriarity, Jen Patton, Heather von Rosenberg, Ryan von Rosenberg, Adam Shaw, and Clayton Williamson, with some music by Tim Palumbo. For full credits, check inventory in the game itself.
Congrats to "First to Find" (FTF) sgtmta, who played this on their 30th wedding anniversary!