Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Fantastc view to Gozo and Malta, overlooking Comino island.
St. Mary´s Tower, knowing as the Comino Watchtower, was build in 1618 by Grandmaster Alof de Wignacourt to protect the Comino Channel from acts of piracy against passenger and commercial vessels plying between Malta and Gozo. Because of it´s isolated position it had to be capable of withstanding siege for a longer period than towers in Malta or Gozo. The tower was saved for the Nation by din L-Art Helwa in 2002.
(No hints available.)