Collecting Counties Challenge - Wales Mystery Cache
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
A challenge cache involving extensive travel and, of course, caching during your travel.
The UK is a diverse, fascinating and beautiful country. Each county has at least one cache and this series of challenges recognises the dedication of cachers who will travel far and wide within this great country.
I am guilty of extending car journeys, sometimes considerably, in order to bag a cache in a new county. I would like to see how extensively my fellow cachers travel within the UK by setting this series of caches:
Unknown 10 - GC3XD0V– you can claim this when you have found at least one unknown (mystery/puzzle/challenge) cache in 10 different British counties (England, Scotland and/or Wales)
Multi 25 - GC3XF00 – claim this when you have found and logged multi caches in 25 different counties
Church Micro 25 Counties - GC3Z3HN – claim the next when you have found and logged 25 church micros in 25 different counties in Britain (England, Scotland and Wales)
England -GC3XF1R - and one when you have found one cache in every English county.
Wales - GC3XF2C – and one of any cache type for each of the Welsh counties
· Please provide a list of your qualifying finds. Please use a public list if possible but a link to a list on a private website or a list copied into your log is acceptable. Logs will be removed if they are found not to qualify.
· For the purposes of this cache, counties are those shown on the images below. There will be debates about the omission of Cleveland, Avon and others and the inclusion of Rutland and the Isle of Wight but I’ll ignore them and refer to the map. (taken from Wikipedia, so it must be right.)
· Caches can be any size, set by any cache owner, any terrain, any difficulty, and can be disabled or archived (as long as they were active when you found them). There is no time limit or target date.
· Only caches published on Geocaching.com will count towards qualification.
· Caches cannot be refound or be a cache set by the finder. Caches adopted by you can count but only if they were found by you prior to being adopted.
· Locationless or travelling caches won’t count. So no cuckoo cache, YOSM or others of that ilk regardless of where they were when you found them. Ask if you have a question – I’m more than happy to give clarification.
· The published/start co-ordinates of a puzzle/multi/unknown etc cache determine the county.
· You must use a different set of caches to qualify for each challenge in the series.
This cache - Wales
This cache can be claimed when you have found and logged at least one cache in each county in Wales.
Ynys Mon - Anglesey should probably not be on this list. The current list of counties shows many more than those listed below but I've gone with the old ceremonial counties that were current when I was younger and lived there. However, I always feel that Ynys Mon should be a county (it is now) and as it is my challenge and my home county and my rules you will ned to find one Anglesey to qualify. It is a lovely island and I'm sure you'll enjoy the visit. I particularly like the earth caches around Newborough or you could try my Church Micros in Holyhead.
Onfr bs gerr nobhg svir zrgerf sebz cngu haqre fbzr gjvtf.