During World War II, in 1940 the Admiralty requisitioned Ditcham Park, a nearby country house for use as a convalescent home for sailors (the house is now a private school). The halt was built to serve Ditcham Park, principally for trains from the extensive naval facilities in Portsmouth.
Woodcroft Halt, which was also known as Ditcham Park Halt, opened on 4 October 1943, and closed on 1 October 1945
Because of its naval nature, it was featured on few maps, but some maps did mark it by a little tab without a name. It was closed in 1945 and subsequently demolished. Today, only a footbridge remains (over which the footpath goes).
The halt is now marked on the Ordnance Survey map as "Woodcroft Farm"
The picture below is from a card post marked January 1912 and was perhaps taken from the eastern side of the line looking toward the cache site.