Vienas 1934-ųjų metų rytas broliams Šajui ir Mordcheliui Gothelfams buvo ypatingas. Vyrų širdyse nerimas keitė džiaugsmą, o jaudulys pynėsi su nekantrumu. Tą dieną Kauno senamiestyje, Nemuno ir Neries santakoje, broliai įkūrė avalynės fabriką "Lituanica". Bėgant metams fabrike buvo pagaminta tūkstančiai batų porų - madingų aulinukų, patogių darbo batų, geidžiamų aukštakulnių ir nepakeičiamų sportinių batelių. Fabriko sienos matė ir išklausė begalę darbuotojų gyvenimo istorijų: sapnai, viltys, norai, nelaiminga meilė, tarnybiniai romanai, vagystės ir kiti maži nusikaltimai bei nelaimės.
[EN] The Ministry of Fluxus was opened in Kaunas in May'12. This inhabitants of this Ministry are artists, performers, sculptors, painters, muzicians, photographers, actors, architects and many more. The are many events held there, concerts, exhibitions... If you're lucky and the roof isn't locked, you'll see a spectacular cityscape from up there.
---
Fluxus—a name taken from a Latin word meaning "flow, flux" (noun); "flowing, fluid" (adj.)[1]—is an international network of artists, composers and designers noted for blending different artistic media and disciplines in the 1960s. They have been active in Neo-Dada noise music and visual art as well as literature, urban planning, architecture, and design.
The Fluxus movement... developed its ‘anti-art’, anti-commercial aesthetics under the leadership of George Maciunas. Fluxus staged a series of festivals in Paris, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, London and New York, with avant-garde performances often spilling out into the street. Most of the experimental artists of the period, including Joseph Beuys, Yoko Ono and Nam June Paik, took part in Fluxus events. The movement, which still continues, played an important role in the opening up of definitions of what art can be.
---
The footwear factory “Lituanica” was situated in the old part of city Kaunas at the confluence of the Nemunas and Neris rivers covered with legends and ballads.
According to Lithuanian Encyclopedia the year of the factory foundation dates from 1934.
In 1938 it was privately owned by two brothers, Shai and Mordhel Gotgelf. Their trademark read: “Shoe factory “Lituanica” and leather trade Co”.
On September 1940 the nationalization of factory that numbered at that time 100 people was effected. During the War it was completely ruined. Over the first post war period the factory was rebuilt as quickly as possible and “Lituanica” had made 27 thousands pairs of shoes.
In 1953 the factory received the name “Raudonasis Spalis”.
In 1959-1981 the factory was considerably enlarged. At that time was built area of production shops, installed equipments and advanced technology of production.
It should be noted that starting in 1975 the factory switched over the production to making shoes for men. By that time about 2000 people were employed in factory.
In 1988 the authentic name of company “Lituanica” was returned. In 1992 State enterprise became joint-stock company.
In 2005 joint-stock company “Lituanica” moved into newly built factory of footwear production shops and management department, address: Jovaru str. 2a, Kaunas.