DREVENE KOSTOLIKY SLOVENSKA - Kožany
Greckokatolicky dreveny chram Stretnutia Pana so Simeonom, 1760, NKP, Narodna kulturna pamiatka
Greckokatolicky dreveny chram v obci Kožany bol postaveny v roku 1760. Je zasvateny sviatku Stretnutia nasho Pana, Boha a Spasitela Jezisa Krista. Tento chram bol vsak povodne venovany sviatku Presvatej Bohorodicky Ochrankyne. Stretnutie Pana pripomina stretnutie Bozieho dietata a Bozej matky so spravodlivym starcom Simeonom a prorokynou Annou v Jeruzalemskom chrame. Tento chram je jednou z najstarsich zachovanych pamiatok na uzemi vychodneho Slovenska. Hlavne kvoli vzacnej vyzdobe interieru a zaujimavemu ikonostasu patri medzi hodnotne sakralne objekty.
Dreveny chram v Kožanoch bol vystavany v zrubovom style. Chram pozostava zo svatyne, chramovej lode a predsiene. Kazda cast budovy ma vezu s krizom. Chram je postaveny na kamennom zaklade. Chramove veze ako aj chramova strecha su pokryte drevenymi stiepanymi sindlami. V hlavnej vezi visia tri zvony. Jeden z nich pochadza z roku 1406. Predstavuje preto raritu medzi zvonmi v drevenych chramoch na Slovensku.
Ikony, ktore sa nachadzaju vo svatyni a v chramovej lodi, pochdzaju z 18 storocia a umocnuju krasu tohto dreveneho chramu. V lodi chramu sa na nas pozeraju otcovia cirkvi, styria evanjelisti a mnozstvo anjelov. Vnutorne restaurovanie chramu sa realizovalo v rokoch 1965 az 1970. Vonkajsia rekonstrukcia chramu sa realizovala v rokoch 2000 az 2003.
SLOVAK WOODEN CHURCHES - Kožany
The wooden Greek Catholic church of the Meeting of Our Lord with Simeon, 1760, National cultural monument
This wooden Greek Catholic church in Kožany is dedicated to the feast of the Meeting of Our Lord with Simeon. This elder, who brings into his lap the young Christ, represents the Old Testament that yearns for the salvation and arrival of the Messiah, who is Jesus Christ. Simeon after meeting Christ proclaims that now he is ready to die, as he met the One, whom he was waiting for his whole life, the only One, who is giving sense to life and death.
The church has according to the architectural point of view three parts, three spaces and three towers. It is built on a low stone foundation. The whole church has a log structure. The tower that rises from the wagon – headed roof gets narrower upwards, and is of pillar structure. On the top of the tower is a pyramidal roof with simple cross. Already in 1915, the tower had three bells, still preserved today. One of them is an extraordinary rare gothic bell from the year 1406, unique among the bells of wooden churches.
The atmosphere of this church is amplified by exceptional mural paintings in the whole nave as well as in the sanctuary dating back to the 18th century, creating amazing figural composition. In the western part above the door is preserved the old icon row of apostles. In the nave of the church are the Fathers of the Church who look down upon us, four Evangelists and myriads of angels, who glorify God with us in the liturgy. We can see here also the coronation of the Mother of God, in front of the iconostasis on the southern wall is also the scene of the Protection of the mother of God and on the opposite northern wall also the Calvary with crucified Christ, Mary and John. Next is a sizeable icon of the Last Judgment from the 18th century. Last major renovation of the church took place between 1965 and 1970. Thanks to its rich interior decoration, beautiful iconostasis and rare gothic bell, represents this church one of the most precious objects of the wooden sacred architecture in Slovakia.
GeoPuzzle Drevené kostolíky Slovenska