Explore the Dartmoor Archives
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
The records of old or archived caches make some very interesting reading. Did you know that the FTF of one of Cornwall's oldest caches at Tintagel Castle never found another cache! Solve this puzzle cache by identifying the caches from the clues given.
All of the following caches were placed on Dartmoor, but now sadly archived:
For each cache you need the first decimal place of the west co-ordinate (of the final location - in case any were moved)
- a - Placed in 2002, archived in 2006 but 3 Found logs in 2012!
- b - Placed and archived in 2011 with 22 finds and 22 DNFs, was one of a series of 3. I was one of those DNFs in February 2011
- c - Possibly the first virtual on Dartmoor but hardly on Dartmoor at all
- d - Placed in 2007 and archived in 2012 and described by the CO as "Probably one of the smaller caches on the moor!!" Another of this series was recently washed down the West Ockment
- e - A first to find for davy boy, this cache was a swapping place for badges
- f - Placed in 2002 and archived in 2004, this cache caused a chuckle or two!
The cache will be found at N 50° 3f.(c-d-b)(a-b)(e-f) W 003° 5(d-b).a(b+c)(b+e+f)
(No hints available.)