Skip to Content

<

Cerny dum / Black House

A cache by HaRaKa team Send Message to Owner Message this owner
Hidden : 1/6/2013
Difficulty:
2 out of 5
Terrain:
1 out of 5

Size: Size: micro (micro)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:


Černý (Ráblův) dům / Black House




Černý (Ráblův) dům
Jeden z architektonických klenotů třebíčského náměstí byl postaven v roce 1619 v renesančním slohu. Jednopatrový renesanční dům zvýšený o polopatro půdní nadezdívkou. Když roku 1612 kupoval uprostřed dolní strany dnešního Karlova náměstí mydlářský mistr a vážený třebíčský měšťan Jan Rábl levný právovárečný dům, nikoho by nenapadlo, že se tato nemovitost jednou stane renesanční ozdobou města.
Jan Rábl nechal dům přestavět a fasádu vyzdobit nádhernými sgrafity (1637). Šest z devíti výklenků s lunetami v nejvyšším patře je ozdobeno figurálními sgrafity, představujícími lidské ctnosti. Jsou to: láska, naděje, rozum, sláva, spravedlnost a víra. Nad levým okénkem uvedeného patra je jako ozdoba lunety lastura, nad prostředním lidská maska a nad pravým je to růžice s letopočtem 1637, udávajícím rok vzniku sgrafita. Níže pod římsou jsou znázorněny lovecké výjevy a mezi okny římští císařové Vespasian a Titus. Nad pískovcovým portálem se značkou Jana Rábla – JTR, což značí Jan Rábl Třebíčský a letopočtem 1619 je vysekán nápis: "Požehnej, Hospodine, domu tomu i všechněm v něm přebývajícím. 1619". Při stavebních úpravách na počátku druhé poloviny 19. století vzala sgrafita za své, ale o sto let později díky restaurátorským pracím někdejší ozdoba třebíčského náměstí znovu zazářila. Dům byl majetkem židovských obchodníků Freda a Taussiga, proto se zde dlouho říkalo "U Taussigů". Dnes dům slouží jako restaurace V Černém domě.

The Rabl (Black) House
A one-storied Renaissance house raised by half a storey through a jamb wall. When in 1612 Jan Rabl, a soap-maker master and an honourable citizen of Třebíč, was buying a cheap house with brewing right in the middle of the lower side of today’s Karlovo Square, no-one had the slightest idea that one day, this property would become the Renaissance gem of the town.
Jan Rábl had the house rebuilt and the front face decorated with magnificent sgraffitos, in 1619 - 1637. From 1862 to 1925 the sgraffito facade was covered by layer of paint but was professionally restored later. The last restoration activity on the facade took place in 1991. The sgraffiti represent individual human virtues (belief, love, hope, justice, wisdom and fame), hunting scenes and two Roman emperors, Vespasian and Titus. Today the house serves as a restaurant.





Další měšťanské renesanční domy v Třebíči


Malovaný (Františkovský) důmGC4400E
Nárožní dům (č. 53) na Karlově náměstí se sgrafitovou fasádou patří mezi nekrásnější a neznámější historické domy v Třebíči. Dům nechal postavit na konci 16. století italský kupec Francesco Calligardo a zřídil v něm obchod s koloniálním zbožím. Proto se dlouho užívalo názvu Františkovský dům.

Čapkův dům
Čapkův dům na jihovýchodním nároží Karlova náměstí a Jejkovské brány je památkově chráněným objektem. Významná je jeho dominantní poloha na středověkém půdoryse, vymezující dva významné třebíčské prostory.

Dům U Hradeb
Nejstarší sgrafitové průčelí sestávající z typických renesančních psaníček a dvou ornamentálních ozdobných pásů, které pochází z roku 1563, bylo odkryto roku 1969 na domě rovněž na dolní straně Karlova náměstí, kde se nachází restaurace "U Hradeb".

Dům U Černého orla
Tento historický dům má ještě z období majitele Lazebníka Viktorina Bradky z poslední čtvrtiny 16. století (1580) hlubokou síň v přízemí s valenou klenbou s lunetami a hřebínky a římsovými konzolkami nástupu na křížově zaklenuté schodiště do mezipatra.
Přízemím dnes vede průchod na lávku přes řeku Jihlavu směřující do židovské čtvrti.

Zdroj informací: Oficiální turistický portál města Třebíče



Other patrician houses built in the renaissance style


The Františkovský (Painted) HouseGC4400E
A corner house (no. 53) on Karlovo Square with a door-way marked with letters FH, a sgraffito exterior and a carriage entrance vaulted with a Welsh arch; in the court is an arcade with a Welsh arch, too. On the first floor, a five-axis arcade with Tuscan pillars has been preserved. A north Italian merchant Francesco Calligardo had the house built at the end of the 16th century and set up a grocery inside. Therefore, the house was called Františkovský for a long time. Italian builders created an elegant Renaissance house with a bay window, which was amply decorated with sgraffitos representing predominantly venatic scenes and biblical figures.

The Čapek House
at the south-eastern corner of Karlovo Square and the Jejkov Gate is under protection of state as cultural heritage. Remarkable is its dominant position on the medieval layout delimitating two important spaces on the square of Třebíč. The name of Jejkovská Street, where the house stands, reminds one of three former gates incorporated in the town walls. The Jejkov Gate was demolished in 1897.

House at the Town Wall
The oldest sgraffito face wall consisting of typical Renaissance envelope ornaments in two decorative strings originating from 1563 was discovered in 1969 on a house on the lower side of Karlovo Square which houses the restaurant By the Town Walls today.

Black Eagle House
It has a deep hall on the ground floor with Welsh arch vaulting and crests and small cantilevers of the bottom step to a cross-vaulted staircase leading to the mezzanine.

The source of information: The Official tourist website of the town of Třebíč


~ ~ ~


Český geocoin World Heritage: Basilica Trebic Czech Geocoin





Additional Hints (Decrypt)

preaý xybobhprx / oynpx ung

Decryption Key

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------
N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z

(letter above equals below, and vice versa)



 

Find...

2,877 Logged Visits

Found it 2,771     Didn't find it 37     Write note 13     Temporarily Disable Listing 7     Enable Listing 7     Publish Listing 1     Needs Maintenance 24     Owner Maintenance 17     

View Logbook | View the Image Gallery of 92 images

**Warning! Spoilers may be included in the descriptions or links.

Current Time:
Last Updated:
Rendered From:Unknown
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum

Return to the Top of the Page

Reviewer notes

Use this space to describe your geocache location, container, and how it's hidden to your reviewer. If you've made changes, tell the reviewer what changes you made. The more they know, the easier it is for them to publish your geocache. This note will not be visible to the public when your geocache is published.