About two foot beneath Barnwood Road there are remnants of the old 19th century tramway and, who knows, evidence of ancient Romans.
St Lawrence's Church:
St Lawrence's Church was founded in the 12th century on the site of an earlier Saxon chapel. The tower is 16th century and has a peal of bells which sounds over the local area every Sunday
Question 1 How many years had the Cullis family? =ABC
The Reading Room:
The Barnwood Reading Room was given to the people of Barnwood by the widow of G F Riddiford. It is used for meetings of various groups and clubs.
Question 2 Month minus day =D
Chestnuts Day Nursery:
Until quite recently this was “Chalfont”, a Residential Community Home. It started life as the home of one of the doctor’s working at Barnwood House Hospital
Question 3 What is the date on this building? =*** E
The Stables:
This stable block was built for the horses associated with the hospital but was not completed until after the advent of the motor car so it did not see much use.
Question 4 How many white circles under the clock? =F
The Park and Arboretum:
Barnwood Park was formerly Barnwood House Hospital (1860–1968) …a private mental hospital catering for well-to-do patients, It was popular with the military and clergy and once counted an Archbishop amongst its patients.
The cache is at N 51 51 D(E-C)A W002 12 BD (F-A)
As always, thanks to Henry Jones Snr for his 'creative input' and help.