The Great Washington State Parks Challenge Cache
- Find and log at least one cache/any cache within the boundaries of each of 120 state parks listed above in the "Washington State Parks" table. The state park boundaries are defined by the maps provided by Washington State Parks' website. Each map can be found by clicking on each specific link below.
- There are 148 state parks listed above. You can choose 120 parks from those listed.
- Caches found prior to the creation of this challenge are allowed.
- Cache types allowed in this challenge are traditional, multi, letterbox, wherigo, mystery/puzzle, webcam, virtual, earth and event.
- If you have hidden the only cache in a state park you may use that cache to claim that, but it must have been hidden before the publication of this cache.
- You must make a public, shared bookmark list that includes this cache. The bookmark must include one (and only one) cache for each state park from the list above. The bookmark list should include the name and GC for each cache, the name of the state park, and the date it was found. When you complete the challenge you should have 120 caches in your bookmark list.
|The majority of state park are designated on the maps found on Geocaching.com
||However, there are a few that are not. When this is the case, visit the state parks' page (click on the name of the state park above). You will find maps and directions for that specific .
Logging the Final Requirements
The final for the Great Washington State Parks Challenge take you to the first state park, Larrabee State Park . Larrabee State Park is located six miles ( km) south of the city of Bellingham. Larrabee State Park had its beginnings in 1915, when the Larrabee family donated 20 acres of land to the state park with the intent that it be made into a . In 1923, the new was officially named after Charles Xavier Larrabee.
- You may pre-sign the physical log book in the cache container at anytime, and while you may have others with you when you log the final cache, only those who have fulfilled all of the criteria for this cache will be allowed to log it as a find. Find logs by other cachers will be deleted.
- You may not use the final as a cache "find" towards the completion of the final. In other words, you must find a different cache in Larrabee State Park .
- After completing the challenge, post a note on this cache page that you've completed the challenge. Please wait until we have reviewed your bookmark list to claim this cache as found. We will post a 'Congratulations (cacher name)...please log this challenge cache as found' note on this page.
- When in doubt, ask. We can discuss it or even seek guidance from others, but the final decision rests with the cache owner.