NoVAGO's Spring Volunteer Fair
Sunday, 19 May 2013
Size:  (not chosen)
How Geocaching Works
Related Web Page
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Come one, come all to the Fair!
The NoVAGO Volunteer Fair, that is. No experience required!
Come by the Reston Library (11925 Bowman Towne Drive) on Sunday afternoon between3:30-5:00 to learn more and pick up a smilie!
NoVAGO relies solely on volunteers to accomplish many successes each year.
Each year, NoVAGO has offerings that include these:
To successfully conduct these events, more NoVAGO volunteers are always welcome to share their skills, talents, and energy. NoVAGO volunteers can share the following:
- Conduct seasonal events (Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall) throughout northern Virginia
- Conduct special events for a variety of reasons (12/12/12, International Geocaching Day, Earthday, Monday, sunny weather)
- Conduct Cache In Trash Out (CITO) events in the area parks that host many of your favorite geocaches
- Deliver Geocaching 101 presentations for area parks, nature centers, scout troops, civic organizations, youth groups, adult groups
- Place temporary caches for Intro to Geocaching workshops
- Select annual award winning caches and cachers
NoVAGO can benefit from any level of volunteer commitment - from a few minutes one afternoon to multiple days over the course of a couple of months. So, pick your contribution level and let's match you up with an opportunity!
- Event planning - contacting parks, coordinating meals, leading ice breakers, creating event cache pages
- CITO leading - contacting parks, holding the bag(s), coordinating supplies
- Geocaching 101 presenting - working with requestors to schedule presentations, recruiting volunteer speakers, speaking
- Intro to Geocaching support - placing caches, leading new cachers on intro tours, introducing new cachers to using a GPSr
- Internet supporting - contributing to the NoVAGO website content, liking and commenting on the NoVAGO Facebook page, improving the broader NoVAGO social media presence
At this event, current and past NoVAGO officers and volunteers will be available to convince you how easy it is to be a NoVAGO volunteer. You can experience the Geocaching 101 presentation, use the NoVAGO GPS teaching/loaner units, sign up to support an upcoming summer presentation, select a task for the NoVAGO Summer Event, or start plans for a summer CITO.
You will also meet some fellow cachers and will probably pick up some great hints about those caches that are causing you particular challenges. There are also a few caches located nearby that you can seek either before or after the event.
(No hints available.)