Little is known about its construction or development, since neither the priest António Cordeiro (Historia Insulana), or Francisco Ferreira Drummond (Annals of Terceira Island), refer to it.
It is known, however, that Pero Anes do Canto fortification provided to the Cruz Crackers (Fort San Pedro) and it seems logical that the same has been keen to create a defense in another cove of this town, where a landing was possible .
Some argue that the port of Pero Anes do Canto stood in reality at bay Roll, being the stronger of Long Street that the Ombudsman made the Armed building, although there are no documents to corroborate this reasoning.
The 'Relationship' Field Marshal Baron Bastos in 1862 reports that he was unable since long years, and adds: '(...) is simply a piece of land, built on private property, and should only be rebuilt when exijão the circumstances. '
In the context of World War II took a machine-gun nest. Similarly, the ruins of a small house to entry, must also relate to the work performed during that conflict, since this building is not in the plant in 1898.
The remnants that survived to this day does not prove it was their primitive plant.
The fall 1881 shows him the remains, and then plant designed allows us to understand that it was small fortification, although it does not show the existence of gunboats, service buildings or railings for musketry.
It is possible that in the years immediately following has suffered some works, to believe in subsequent plant, dated 1898, and shows that the two gunboats.
Levar Material de escrita